Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 32/333, 2023 - Wednesday

I am not gloating, but the power at the Curious House stayed on for 99.9999% of the day. As a precaution, I turned off my desktop computer, and turned off the printer. I only lost power for about one minute, which was hardly worth the bother of resetting the GFCIs and all the clocks. I am not, however, complaining. There are thousands, almost two HUNDRED THOUSAND customers are without power in central Texas. That's is the number of customers, not the number of people that are affected. Once again, I am NOT complaining. There is no power in the office, but none of us even tried to go in today. The city is closed down again tomorrow, and everything is supposed to be better by tomorrow afternoon. The high temperature for Sunday is forecast to be in the low 70s. We will not complain about that at all. The girls and I mostly just hunkered down in the bedroom, in the big chair, stayed warm, took naps and watched television. They are happy about that, they really have no idea about what is happening outside their house. The grass is crunchy with ice, so it is interesting to see the Piglet trying to figure out why that is happening, but they are not intimidated by it. All-in-all, most people around here just did not even bother to try to get out, I guess that level of acceptance is something that comes with advanced age. Boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment