Friday, February 10, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 41/323, 2023 - Friday

I moved to Austin in 1985, and have never regretted it. It is a wonderful place, always a beautiful place. I wasn't lucky enough to live here in the prime of the City, which, in my opinion, was in the early 1970s. I have been told that, in those days, there was nothing but green in Austin. Green everywhere you looked. There were two high rise buildings then, one black and one silver. And the Capitol. And the University. And green. There was a lot of green. In the 37 years that I have lived here, there has been a lot of change, and I am not going to go through those changes here. I am just going to say that it has changed, and there are parts of me that wish the city had not changed so quickly and abruptly. But it is still beautiful, there is no denying that. Today has been a day mostly of meetings, and that has been a good thing. I got my walk in this morning, then went off to the office for a bit, and then headed to the Texas REALTORS® Winter Meeting. Tomorrow will be a really early day, and I expect I will make a trip home and back during the day, just so I can check in with the dogs. I also expect it will a later arrival home, but it will be fun, and well worth it. Enjoy the pretty photo!

No comments:

Post a Comment