Saturday, February 17, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 48/318, 2024 - Saturday

It has been a beautiful day in Las Cruces. I think the elevation is about 4,000 feet, and it is a dryer environment. Nancy, Paulina and Krisa took off to Ruidosa, and Dan and Mike and I stayed here. We went to a street fair, and then took off and had a nice breakfast. I am still plagued with allergies, so after breakfast, I went back to bed. I don't feel particularly bad, just a runny nose, hacking cough, that kind of stuff. I expect I slept more than I think I did last night, but it was not really a comfortable sleep. The same thing with a try for a nap this afternoon. I went to Walgreen's and got some Sinex, which may or may not be helping me. Paulina, Nancy and Krisa are also forcing me to drink some kind of European cure that, at least it does not make me feel any worse. Not sure if it makes me feel any better, either. The ladies got back home about 5 o'clock, and we had pizza and cole slaw for dinner, very good. Dessert for me was cherry pie, and there was also chocolate souffle. Spell check says that is not the way to spell souffle, but Mrs. Google says it is correct. Feel free to comment. We will head back to Austin early tomorrow, and be back at the Curious House early afternoon. I have seen these cell towers camouflaged as trees in several cities, but this is the best one I have seen. I saw it last night on the way home from dinner, and thought it was a real tree for   until I looked closely. We drove past it again today, just so I could take a photo for this journal entry. You're welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment