Wednesday, July 27, 2011

2011 - Day Two Hundred Eight; Wednesday...

Okay, I will get right to the disclaimer here before I get too far. I hope I do not regret these words, but here goes...

OOOOOOOOOO! Tropical Storm Don. I am shaking in my pink knock-off Crocs. Doesn't the name 'Tropical Storm Don' just set your heart to pounding with anticipation of devastation and destruction? TROPICAL STORM DON. It is kind of like naming a vampire Maurice; you are supposed to be afraid, but really, Maurice? Humpf. BUT,that is their story and they are sticking to it. Right now, we have a 30% chance of rain over the weekend, and it is all on account of TROPICAL STORM DON. Well I say BRING IT ON! We are waiting for you. I will believe it when I see a couple inches of rain in my rain gauge. Blah, blah, blah, big whoop! Whatever.

Okay, now having said that, I will go on to discuss the fact that we are having Jody (the other Jody) work on our tanks in the back (digging a new tank and cleaning out the other one), and because of that, a Tropical Storm named Don has just the impetus of dumping 15 or 20 inches of rain on a very localized area (about the size of two tanks) in a very localized locale, namely JB Acres. It will not surprise me a bit if we get a lot of rain and the bull dozer gets stuck up to its' axles in mud. And if you have ever lived through Blackland Prairie Mud, you know that will take some time to undo.

I expect my next big project will be to install an air conditioner in the chicken coop. The little chicks have always had a fan on them in this extreme heat, I think today is day 43 over 100 degrees. This evening, I put a nice oscillating fan in the big girls coop, and the next step (logical enough) will be to put in an air conditioner. I will try my very best to resist that temptation. The little girls got another opportunity to play in the screened in area this afternoon, and pretty much drove the broody big girl out of her nest and into exile. I do not think there will be too much trouble with the big girls pecking at the little girls if today was any indication. Only time will tell. This is another picture of the little girls, and you can see more clearly my favorite (the black and white one) even though there is no such thing as favorites. I care for all the girls equally. BUT, it interesting that I tend to favor black and white cattle so I naturally favor black and white chickens.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, REALLY, DON?, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment