Friday, May 31, 2013

2013 - Day 151/214 - Friday...

Nothing herds a bunch of chickens quite as effectively as a combine working in a field across the road from the house.  Those machines do put out some noise, and the chickens were all heading up towards the house.  It was really an interesting sight. Herding chickens is not all that different than herding cats.

I hope the old country wisdom is still holding true, because if it is, we are in for a little bit more rain.  The sage out by the road is blooming prettily, and the saying is that the sage is a good predictor of a coming rain.  Keep your fingers crossed.

While you are crossing fingers, think some kind thoughts for the folks in Oklahoma.  They are getting pounded again with (I think) five big storms going through the area.  They need a chance to take a breath.

Today was a nice day, a busy office day and once again I amazed myself at exactly how much work I can get accomplished when I just put my head down.  Having said that, however, tomorrow I intend to put my head down and take a nap, maybe a couple.  There is a hammock out by the front barn that has my name on it.  I will try to get some stuff done, but mostly take it easy.  Sunday is traditionally my d for chores.
ay

Deeds, Actions, Changes, COMBINES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment