Wednesday, July 5, 2017

2017 - Day 186/179 -Wednesday...

The first house Jody and I lived in together was in Jester Estates. All the streets were named for plants and/or trees. We lived on Anaqua Drive, and Anaqua is the name of a tree in Mexico. Well, I needed us to have an Anaqua Tree in our front yard. Anaqua Trees are also known as 'sandpaper' trees; the leaves have a course feel, like sandpaper. I went past that house (we lived there in 1995 or so) a few months ago, and the Anaqua Tree has grown quite nicely! There was also a street up there called Bottle Brush. I knew (see above) that all the streets were named after trees and/or plants, so I knew that a Bottle Brush was a plant (not a bottle brush). In the midst of all the landscaping work that is being done at the house on the edge of nowhere, one of the plants that was put in is a Bottle Brush. I have been religiously watering all the new landscaping, and when I went to Houston a couple weeks ago, I parked next to this plant (see photo) of what I believe is a Bottle Brush (not a bottle brush). So, I have also consulted The Googles, but have not positively identified the plant in the photo as a Bottle Brush (not a bottle brush), but I am pretty sure it is the same (based on the leaves) as what has recently been planted on the edge of nowhere. If so, then that is good, because I like the Bottle Brush look (not a bottle brush). We shall see. Deeds, Actions, Changes, BOTTLE BRUSHES (not bottle brushes), Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment