Monday, March 9, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 69/297, 2020 - Monday

Another grey and rainy day in central Texas. At last glance, we had received 0.11" of rain in the gauge, hardly enough to bother with, let alone not enough for the entire day to be overcast. AND, there is a ZERO PERCENT chance that we will be able to see the Worm Moon tonight. Crap. But, it was a Monday, and you know what they say about Mondays...they come after Sunday... Whatever. As is usual for my CDO-ness, I check the meters every day...I learned that lesson after the cattle broke a water hose and we could have flooded the Yangtze...but I digress. It is not uncommon for me to see one of these toads perched up on the water meter after  it has been raining, but I have to admit, it does tend to startle me. Same with snakes. You open up the meter cover and there is a snake in there, it will give you a new respect for religion. But, so far, neither occurrence has caused me serious health problems, and it is just one of the facts of life when you live on the edge of nowhere. Allegedly, the rain is over for at least a couple days, and the high temperature for tomorrow is forecast to be in the 80s. Rain is predicted for the weekend. Of course it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment