Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 78/288, 2020 - Wednesday

For dinner tonight, I made myself a grilled cheese sandwich. I had taken the girls to the vet this morning for their annual shots (the piglet needs some dental work now), and on the way to pick them up this afternoon, I stopped at the General Store in Jarrell and got American Cheese (for the grilled cheese sandwich). The American Cheese (32 slices) was a product that, the individual slices were not individually wrapped. It has been years...DECADES...since I have seen sliced cheese that was not individually wrapped. It must be some kind of retro cheese or something. Anyway...I wish I had thought to get pimento cheese spread, but I doubt that the general Store would have ready made pimento cheese spread. Grilled cheese sandwiches made with pimento cheese spread are ABSOLUTELY the best kind of grilled cheese sandwich. You have most likely NOT tried a grilled cheese sandwich made with pimento cheese spread, but I think you should put that on your bucket list of things to do before the quarantine stuff gets totally out of control. I am going to leave the house tomorrow about 9:30 and go in to the office. The plan is to leave there about 2 o'clock and come back home. I may stop at HEB on the way home and see if they have pimento cheese spread. I also have a four year old box of Twinkies in the garage refrigerator that I bought when there was a threat of a hurricane headed this way. I think it is okay, I don't think T
winkies ever expire, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment