Saturday, March 21, 2020

Volume 12 - Day 81/285, 2020 - Saturday

The third day of social distancing. I saw a post on Facebook earlier that said we have ALL been social distancing for at least a decade, maybe two decades. Facebook, and all the other sites we go to have made us all more secluded, we don't really have conversations with that many people any more. We have a much more broad electronic social presence than we do in real life. What is it we miss about restaurants? We all sit at the table and look at our cell phones, we don't really converse with the people we are sitting with. Not sure why this social distancing is so hard for us all, we have been working up to it for a long time. That said, I did take the girls for a ride this morning, and then I went in to Taylor to put gas in jody's truck, stop at Tractor Supply for birdseed and farm stuff, and then a quick trip through the HEB. I expect I will gain a pound or two a day during this thing, and that is probably not great. This is my second pandemic; a measure of health during the first one was how skinny you were. Not skinny meant pretty good health. This is the time of year that Joe Mac comes to the rescue. The Indian Blankets and the Indian Paintbrushes are starting to pop up, and I stopped to take a picture of these this afternoon. I think these are Paintbrushes, but Joe Mac will tell us for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment