Monday, September 4, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 247/118, 2023 - Monday (Labor Day)

Happy Extra Day Off, Y'all! Not as if too many of us actually took the day off, but, whatever. Peter, Paul and I took a nice walk this morning, and it was HOT and MUGGY. Not that I want to keep talking about the weather, but it was. After the walk, I did a few things around the house, and then I headed in to Austin to check stuff out, by way of Georgetown Donuts and HEB for some gas for the little white car. Traffic was not at all bad, and I made it in to the office with no issues. On the way back to the Curious House, I stopped at a battery place in Round Rock, to get a battery for a little clock I got yesterday at the estate sale, and then I stopped at Aldi, just to check it out, more than anything. I am conflicted. The three HEBs within five miles of the Curious House are HUGE. Not just big and overwhelming, they are HUGE. I am intimidated by them. I don't buy hundreds of dollars with of grocery items every week, so I just buy a few things, mostly milk, dog food and some prepared meals. Walking from the parking lot to the dairy section in these stores is about a twenty minute excursion. SO...I decided to check out Aldi, a small grocery in Georgetown. It's a chain, but it is small. They have skim milk (positive), and some prepared foods (positive). It is interesting that, there seems to be no organization to where stuff is in the store. There is cereal on several different aisles, same with cookies, canned beans, just random stock in random places. A bit confusing. PLUS, and this is not a really big deal, but you have to rent the shopping carts. You put a quarter in to get a cart, then you get your quarter back when you return the cart and chain it up to the other carts. Okay. But who carries change these days? AND...they don't have any kind of bags without the purchase of the bags. I am conflicted, and I doubt that I will get any sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment