Friday, September 1, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 244/121, 2023 - Friday

Welcome to September, y'all. My mood was much more pleasant today, compared to yesterday, even though A). the internet was down when I got up and B). My Keurig coffee pod exploded while it was brewing, and my first sip of coffee was all coffee grounds. Blechhh. I was just a little bit stressed yesterday, but both days ended up well, don't forget, I am a lucky man. There were four of us walking this morning, and it was less humid, less hot, but there was still evidence of glistening before it was all over. As the first day of the month, it was a little bit busy in the office, and that was good. I did make it out at about 1:30, and there was a 'one day' estate sale in Georgetown, and I got to it about 15 minutes before they closed. I got one thing for free (cat sculpture, made in England, with a chipped ear), and half a set of bookends, bronze cast, named the Jester. $5. I looked it up when I got home, and it is a pretty well known piece, and it was cast in 1925. A pair would sell for $100-$150, so I am really happy with my $5 purchase. I like it a lot. There is one more sale tomorrow, and I have a few things on my list of chores, nothing that requires thought or muscle, so it should all be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment