Sunday, September 17, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 260/105, 2023 - Sunday

It was right about 70 degrees (with 100% humidity) this morning when Paul and I went for our walk. After the walk, I did some chore things around the house before I met Alisha and Reuben for brunch. I had a list of things to get accomplished before 3PM, and I got it all done. I had budgeted myself an hour for the visit to HEB, and it took most of that time. I went up and down the aisles, it was really the first time I did any serious shopping since the new store opened. I spent over $150, and more than 30% of that was on dog food. I think the girls need a variety of food, because I know I would get bored if I ate the same thing every morning and every night. I thought the movie I wanted to watch (Bells Are Ringing) started at 3 o'clock, but it actually started at 2:45. I missed about the first ten minutes, but I have seen this movie about 15 times, so it was no tragedy. There are a LOT of good songs in the movie, starring Judy Holliday and Dean Martin. There is more of a personal story for me with this movie, and you can ask me about it sometime, if you want to. After that was Summer Stock with Judy Garland and Gene Kelly. I will always watch a Judy Garland movie if I can, and Sunday afternoons are perfect for that. It is actually not oppressively hot outside, so I went out and sat on the back patio and watched the sun fade and listened to my book. I will finish that book tomorrow, and I will wait a couple days before starting a new one. The photo accompanying this entry is a frog. Can you see it? It was barely in the street this morning during our walk, so I scooped him up and put him out of harms way. There was some life left in him, and I hope he recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment