Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 340/25, 2023 - Wednesday

It has taken my 72 years (and 3 days) to experience the celebration of a birthday over five days. I see friends that say they celebrate their birthday 'month,' but I have always celebrated on the 'day.' My celebration started on Saturday, the day before my birthday, and concluded (I think) this evening, along with our monthly book club. There are four birthdays here around the Curious House, and we were all celebrated before, during and after the book club. This photo is of Peter, me, Paul and Richard, lined up chronologically, from 66 to 79. We all have a great time together, and I am glad to be a part of this group. Today started as usual with our walk, not as chilly today as yesterday, but another cold front is expected over the weekend. I also had a birthday lunch this morning with Michael and Lynda, and it was really nice to visit with them for a while. They just returned from Italy, and we all had a chance to catch up with what has been going on. After that, I was back in the office, then I headed to the Austin Board for a Celebration of Leadership, past, present and future. It was really nice to see lots of long time friends and colleagues. I think most of my calendar for the rest of the week is pretty open, I have an appointment to donate blood tomorrow morning, and then in to the office. I'm a lucky man!

No comments:

Post a Comment