Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 360/5, 2023 - Tuesday

Well, this pretty much says it all. I am no one specific. I have been having some pain in my left foot, and according to Mrs. Google, there are several reasons, but I zeroed in on these three; I'm fat, and I am placing too much stress on my foot (feet), and you are wearing crappy shoes.. I do a pretty nice walk almost every day, and I have known for some time that the shoes I wear on the walks could be much better, so I went to an old fashioned shoe store in Austin and bought an actual pair of walking shoes. Not running shoes, walking shoes. So, I will see if that helps anything. I had a six-month medical appointment today, and almost everything is within normal ranges. Cholesterol is the only thing not within the acceptable average ranges, so I need to change some of my eating, but taking blood the day after Christmas, you know, pies, candies, all that, should be taken into consideration. Okay, not just Christmas, but the six week-ish time period between Thanksgiving and Christmas. Whatever. Have you ever asked for a refund from the Post Office? I did, and was threatened with a prison sentence for fraud against the government. I mailed a package ($70.75) to Mexico on October 19th, and it was returned to me today. Nine weeks later. So, I went to the Post Office and said, since you did not provide the service that I paid for, I would like a refund. They declined. I responded that, I did not expect they would grant the refund, but I wanted to give them a chance before I protested the charge on my credit card. That's when R___ at the Georgetown Post Office told me I would go to prison. I told him that he did not really need to raise his voice, but he denied that the Post Office had any responsibility for sending packages to Mexico. I think that, if that is indeed the case, then they should not tell people they can mail packages to Mexico. It was not taken well, and I am not through with this yet. Nothing against R___, but I paid for a service and that service was not performed. Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment