Tuesday, May 21, 2019

2019 - Day 141/224 - Tuesday...Motley...

I am not sure if I am coming down with something (that is what I suspect), or if I am just having a surge of allergies. I am kind of losing my voice, I don't really feel too bad, just the challenge of the post-nasal drip and the threat of getting a sore throat. My voice kind of comes-and-goes, and I presented a class this morning, and another four-hour presentation tomorrow morning. Gladly, I can present the class and ask the attendees to do most of the talking, but if you know me AT ALL, you will know that I cannot shut up, so we will see what happens. I stopped at the new CVS in Georgetown on the way home this afternoon, to pick up some Airborne or Emergen-C (or
whatever those things are called), and was diverted from my mission by the fact that CVS is selling M&Ms BY THE POUND. They don't sell cigarettes, but they have no shame about the candy. I was strong, and did not succumb to the temptation. I know where they are though, and I am not sure how long I will be able to avoid them.

Motley -- Adjective. 1. variegated in color. 2. made up of many different people or things. The wooden chest contains a motley assortment of costumes for the children to play with.

Did You Know? Motley made its debut as an English adjective in the 14th century, but etymologists aren't completely sure where it came from. Many think it probably derived from the Middle English mot, meaning "mote" or "speck." Motley is also used as a noun identifying a multicolored fabric, a garment made from such a fabric, or the fool who often wore such outfits in the European courts of the Middle Ages and the Renaissance.

No comments:

Post a Comment