Sunday, June 2, 2019

2019 - Day 153/212 - Sunday...Nonage...

I should have stuck with the catfish, but I was kind of burger hungry. I was wholly disappointed with what I got, so from now on, I will just go with what I know they do well. Jody and I went in to Taylor for lunch this afternoon (at Lucky Duck)
, and we did a few errands on the way home. A quick stop at Tractor Supply (I am channelling my inner Minnie Pearl), then HEB and then gas for tanks and truck. I have a particular sense of accomplishment today; I finished cutting ALL the grass, and nothing else. No naps, but I did get in the pool twice. Now it is about time to go to bed, but I still have to close the chicks up. Only saw the grey cat today, it was hanging around and letting me know the food was very appreciated.

Nonage -- Noun. 1. the state of being a legal minor. 2a. a period of youth. b. lack of maturity. "Berle was an amazing person. He entered Harvard College in his nonage, being only fourteen years old." Keith Paul Bishop, The National Law Review, October 9, 2014

Did You Know? Minority, majority; infancy, adulthood; nonage, full age - here you have the three contrasting pairs that constitute the vocabulary of legal age, Minority, infancy and nonage are synonyms that mean "the state or time of being under legal age." Majority, adulthood, and full age mean "the state or time of being of legal age." (All of these words, particularly infancy and adulthood, have other meanings as well.) Nonage from an Anglo-French union of non- and age, which combine to mean "not of age."

No comments:

Post a Comment