It rained most of the day today, so that is enough right there to make this a good day. In the last two days, I emptied a little over 4.5" out of the gauge, yippee! Also, there was no walk this morning, and that is always a good day! My cardiologist called me this morning at 7:30, which got my attention. She said the test results from yesterday were all good, that she is very happy with the results, no blockages and the heart is strong. Of course, that means the end is near, just FYI. She also sent the reports, but it is 38 pages of graphs and things, so I have not paid too much attention to that yet. I forgot to mention yesterday, that one of thetwo women that were in the 'waiting' area with me, between tests, had only four toes on each foot. When I mentioned that to her, she seemed unwilling to discuss it, and I thought, if you don't want people to know you only have four toes on each foot, you should; 1.) not paint them very bright pink, and 2.) not wear sandals when waiting in a very small room with other people. Whatever. I drove in to Austin this morning, picked up yet another prescription, and then went to the Hunger Fighter and Sine Die Smokers BBQ Party. My friends son, Mace, started this work when he was seven years old, and wanted to provide 1,000 meals to the (now) Central Texas Food Bank. I think that first year, he raised enough money for over five thousand meals, and his efforts have grown since then. He is now a freshman at Tulane, and I know everyone that knows him is very proud of him. I am! The photo with this entry is me and Holly, Mace's mom, this afternoon...in the rain. That is the least of my first world challenges. Congratulations to all for another successful year!Friday, October 2, 2026
Volume 18 - Day 275/90, 2026 - Friday
It rained most of the day today, so that is enough right there to make this a good day. In the last two days, I emptied a little over 4.5" out of the gauge, yippee! Also, there was no walk this morning, and that is always a good day! My cardiologist called me this morning at 7:30, which got my attention. She said the test results from yesterday were all good, that she is very happy with the results, no blockages and the heart is strong. Of course, that means the end is near, just FYI. She also sent the reports, but it is 38 pages of graphs and things, so I have not paid too much attention to that yet. I forgot to mention yesterday, that one of thetwo women that were in the 'waiting' area with me, between tests, had only four toes on each foot. When I mentioned that to her, she seemed unwilling to discuss it, and I thought, if you don't want people to know you only have four toes on each foot, you should; 1.) not paint them very bright pink, and 2.) not wear sandals when waiting in a very small room with other people. Whatever. I drove in to Austin this morning, picked up yet another prescription, and then went to the Hunger Fighter and Sine Die Smokers BBQ Party. My friends son, Mace, started this work when he was seven years old, and wanted to provide 1,000 meals to the (now) Central Texas Food Bank. I think that first year, he raised enough money for over five thousand meals, and his efforts have grown since then. He is now a freshman at Tulane, and I know everyone that knows him is very proud of him. I am! The photo with this entry is me and Holly, Mace's mom, this afternoon...in the rain. That is the least of my first world challenges. Congratulations to all for another successful year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment