Saturday, October 7, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 280/85, 2023 - Saturday

Well, I don't have any of the photos of my fourth dive today, so you don't have to believe that I did it, and that I am now a certified Open Water diver. The next time I come back, I will take a few more lessons, make a few more dives, but I will probably be more comfortable in the 'shallows' for now. That is down to 40 feet or so...I think I might have gone to about 45 feet today. There is lots of really beautiful stuff down there, but for now, I am concentrating A LOT on all the stuff that you need to do, how to do it, how to acclimate your ears, how not to do stupid stuff. I think the really most difficult part for me is to breath constantly through your mouth and not through your nose. I doubt that I will be running out and buying a lot of scuba gear, but I might actually invest in a nice mask, we will see. I got back to the condo at about 1 o'clock, and took a two hour nap. I am not 'sleepy tired,' but I am tired, I used a lot of muscles in the last two days that don't usually get used. I had an excellent fish taco dinner, and then my Policia friends (one of them) was on duty. Whenever I am here, I buy them ice cream, no sense not trying to make friends. This photo is Jasmine and Mario and me. Usually Jasmine is partnered with Marco, but she said he is home sleeping tonight. She will let him know he missed the ice cream! I'll share some underwater oics when I get them next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment