Sunday, October 8, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 281/84, 2023 - Sunday

I think that I shall never see. A poem lovely as a tree. What do y'all think, I just made that up. I think it's kind of catchy! I should try to copyright that. I love routine, and Playa del Carmen gives me at least a few opportunities for routine. I get up in the morning, go to the 7-11 for my coffee, come back, eat the muffins that I bought the night before from the Selecta. Then, I pretty much make up the rest of the day. My friend Steve from Austin who lives six months of the year in PDC, texted me to see if I wanted to go to breakfast. His two daughters (one in Austin, the other in NYC) had been here for the last week, and I met them on Thursday. We went to Mamitas Beach and had a nice, unhurried breakfast. He decided then that he needed to go back to his house and clean up, and we decided that we would spend some time together at the pool. He came over about 1:30, and stayed for about three hours, just talking and thanking our lucky stars. I invited Isabella and Mike, but they were off on a bike ride. Later, I did some walking, and went to Selecta for tomorrow mornings muffins. Apparently, my new default dinner selection is fish tacos. I have ordered that three out of the four nights I have been here. Two were excellent, one not so much. I walked to the beach a few times, no moon, so it was kind of dark this evening, but lovely this morning and afternoon. There are all kind of interesting things to pay attention to here, but I thought I would just share this tree (maybe a bunch of trees) outside the restaurant where I ate this evening. I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment