Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 283/82, 2023 - Tuesday

OMGoodness! I have experienced flight cancellations before, but never after the whole plane had been boarded. More later. Routine stuff this morning, going to the 7-11 is always a great way to start the day. I had a couple things I needed to do, and got that done, and then I got on the shuttle to the airport at 1 o'clock. So far, so good. Checked my bag, went through immigration, went through security, had lunch, went to the gate, and waited. And waited some more. My boarding pass was B7, and the A group and the pre-boards took FOREVER. Seriously. Finally, it was my turn, and the people behind were B5 and B6, and they insisted they get in front of me. I let them know they were welcome, but that I was superior. I got on the plane, seat 4C, next to two really nice people. Then the rumors started that when the plane we were on was landing, they hit a bird, and something in the break system broke. Brake Broke. And the bird...I think the bird was a victim of the avian flew. I made that up standing in one of the dozens of lines we stood in after we deplaned. We then went and retrieved our luggage, went backwards through immigration, and then lined up to get on busses to take us somewhere. I think we are still in Mexico, at a place called the Krystal Grand. No signs or a Krystal Burger in the place. Plus, it is not that Grand. It has air conditioning, and it will do until we get back on busses at 8 o'clock in the morning, and then head back to the airport. Breakfast is at 7, my phone is set for 6:15, plane is supposed to leave at 10:30. I know the whole thing is nobody's fault, and there have only been a couple Karen's out of a whole plane load (one man and one woman), so I guess that is not too bad. I could have been worse. That's it for me for tonight, my goal is to be home not later than 2 o'clock tomorrow afternoon. Word!It's really not a bad view for being on the seventh floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment