Friday, March 1, 2019

2019 - Day 60/305 - Friday...Demiurge...

Can you believe it is March already? It seems like just yesterday it was February. I can remember when I was a little kid, my mother would say wait a minute...', and I would count to one and then I would be out the door. I had no concept of time then, and I thought the hours and days just dragged by. Now the hours and days are just passing in light-speed. I stayed in Austin last night, got up at my usual time and headed to the airport for a quick trip to Dallas/Lewisville for the Greater Lewisville Association of REALTORS® TREPAC Major Investor event. In and out quick at the Top Golf venue there. Not sure exactly where the Top Golf venue was, not sure exactly where Lewisville is, but I know that it is up around Dallas/Frisco/Fort Worth. Presented information to the association about state results and goals, and was joined by David Alan Cox and Jo Ann Stevens. A lot of fun!

Demiurge -- Noun: one that is an autonomous creative force or decisive power. As a writer, you get to be the demiurge, having control over the fate of each and every character and the universe in which they reside.

Did You Know? In the Platonic school of philosophy, the Demiurge is a deity who fashions the physical world in the light of eternal ideas. In the Timaeus, Plato credits Demiurge with taking preexisting materials of chaos and arranging them in accordance with the models of eternal forms. Nowadays the word demiurge can refer to the individual or group chiefly responsible for a creative idea, as in "the demiurge behind the new hit TV show." Demiurge derives via Late Latin from the Greek demiourgos, meaning "artisan" or "one with special skill." The demi- part of the word comes from the Greek noun demos, meaning "people"; the second part comes from the word for worker, ergon.

No comments:

Post a Comment