Saturday, August 31, 2019

2019 - Day 243/122 - Saturday...Chorography...

These things are like peel-em and eat-em shrimp. I like the eat-em part, but I am not too keen on the peel-em part. I am craving chocolate, and this is all I can find. It seems I have already eaten all the other chocolate I have had stashed here and there in the house, so I am reduced to eating chocolate kisses. Of this I expect I will survive, and I will re-stock the pantry tomorrow or the next day. Other than taking voluminous amounts of naps today, the only other things I really accomplished werefeeding the cat and driving in to Georgetown for lunch. I did go give the girls fresh water and gather eggs (6 now), and that pretty much tells you what I did on this first day of the three-day weekend.

Chorography -- Noun. 1. the art of describing or mapping a region or district.2. a description or map of a region. The video game's realism is enhanced by the detailed chorography of the landscape.

Did You Know? The word chorography was borrowed from the Latin chorographia, which in turn comes from the Greek chorographia, a combination of choros ("place") and grahia ("writing"). It was distinguished from geography in that the former was concerned with smaller regions and specific locations and the latter with larger regions or with the world in general. The art of mapping that once was the field of chorography has since passed into the spheres of geography and topography. As with the art it names, the word chorography is now primarily encountered in historical discussions of geography and cartography.

No comments:

Post a Comment