Sunday, October 20, 2019

2019 - Day 293/72 - Sunday...Objet Trouve...

Just how many great days does one person deserve? This was a really great day for me. I got back home yesterday about 4:30, and I left again today at about 1:30. The leaving part is not the good part, but the time at home with Jody is great, and my time with my volunteer colleagues is also great. Today, and for the next couple days, I get to laugh and cut-up with some great people, and get some really hard work done at the same time. We all made it to Lost Pines in time for a 4 o'clock team building exercise. That included bow and arrow stuff (I hit the targets a couple times), throwing axes and hatchets at targets (I came close a couple times), and shooting shot guns at clay pigeons (I hit at least one, maybe two out of about two dozen shells). I have a shotgun that was my fathers, but I have never shot it. I have three pistols, and I do not think I have ever fired any of them. I have my concealed hand gun license, but I used one of the instructors guns to qualify for that. Part of the team building also included a trip to Bucee's, and that is where we REALLY got to know each other. TOO. MUCH. FUN! Thanks to all of you, this is going to be a GREAT YEAR!

Objet Trouve -- Noun. a natural or discarded object found by chance and held to have aesthetic value. Meredith's sculptures were made from interesting objets trouves including old automotive parts and metal lunch boxes.

Did You Know? Objet trouve comes from French (duh), where it literally means "found object." The term entered English during the early 20th century, a time when many artists challenged traditional ideas about the nature of art. Surrealists and other artists, for instance, held that any object could be a work of art if a person recognized its aesthetic merit. Objet trouve can refer to naturally formed objects whose beauty is the result of natural forces as well as to man-made artifacts (such as bath tubs, wrecked cars, or scrap metal) that were not originally created as art but are displayed as such.

No comments:

Post a Comment