Friday, August 4, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 216/149, 2023 - Friday

Have I told you about the voles? Meadow voles can be found all over the world and throughout Texas. They are ofter on your property to feed on plants and vegetation. They have a preference for grasses, herbaceous plants, bulbs and tubers during the summer and bark and tree roots in the winter. That pretty much explains what happened to the amaryllis that used to be in the back flower beds. I NEVER heard of voles in my life, but I am apparently now one of their favorite people in the neighborhood. I used to have a bird feeder in the back yard, but between the birds and the squirrels, there were always a lot of seeds that were thrown out onto the ground. The girls would eat the seeds, and then they would poop the seeds. SO...I moved the feeder to the front yard, and now the seeds are flung onto the front patio, that the voles consider a seed buffet. Whatever. I have been walking with friends in the neighborhood for at least two years (somebody verify that for me), and I never saw these little vermin til this year. they are not afraid of people, they just sit there and graze as we walk past. Interesting. It's Friday, and I like Friday's. No estate sales this weekend, and I don't know if there is anything much on my chore list, but I may try to take in another couple movies. TBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment