Saturday, August 26, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 238/127, 2023 - Saturday

You might remember me mentioning my friend Terri (Terri Number one, because there are three Terri's in the area, all spelled differently), the lady we see frequently when we are walking in the mornings. Tragically, her house burned down last year, I think around Thanksgiving. The process of rebuilding is going very slowly; the slab was supposed to have been poured in July, and still not done. This past week, they were putting rebar into the foundation prep, and sparks from cutting the rebar set the grass on fire, it burned all her grass in the back, crossed the fence line and burned grass behind her neighbor. There was no water because the water is turned off to pour the foundation, but the neighbors gathered up three extinguishers, so it was contained. OMG! Paul and I had a nice walk this morning, and then I got home, fed the girls and took a quick nap. Then Pam and Diane and I took off and hit three estate sales. We all bought something, and I think I may have actually bought something at all three sales. It was, overall, a pretty darned good day. No mention of the weather, you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment