Sunday, August 6, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 218/147, 2023 - Sunday

I'm doing my part to curb global food waste. I have spent the weekend eating everything in the house before those food stuffs expire. And, if you know me at all, I don't believe best buy dates are really of any consequence. Right now, I am working on a package of turkey wieners that have an expiration date of sometime in October, 2022. I ate some last night, and I plan to consume more tonight. I'm still punching the keyboard (as I write this journal entry), so I guess I will survive. It was just me and Paul again this morning for our walk, and it was a good walk. I watched Sunday Morning on CBS (Jane Pauly is not really aging that well), and then went to do some errands. I stopped and got a couple cranberry muffins, made arrangements for the girls to stay in the kennel when I am out of town next week, and then went to Walgreen's. I got a letter from them that said one of my prescriptions had been voluntarily recalled by the manufacturer. The letter provided some information about trading it in for another brand, but there were conflicts in the letter, and I have to wait for the new prescription, and to get my money back for the recalled product. Whatever. When I got home, I did a BIG load of laundry (everything I own is now clean), and started a Debbie Reynolds marathon on TBS. Three movies down and at least two more to go before I go comatose. And now if you will all excuse, I have some weenies to microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment