Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 235/130, 2023 - Wednesday

I am working my way towards more water conservation. We have not been able to use the lawn sprinkler systems here at the Curious House since about the middle of July. As you can see from the photo, the grass is 'dormant.' Dormant is a better word than dead, but I really think that, once we get some rain, it will come back. The area between the sidewalk and the street has always been a little bit difficult to irrigate, so I had the grass taken out, the sprinklers capped off, weed barrier put down and River Rock installed. I think it looks much cleaner, much more beige than the dead grass. I am accepting ideas for some xeriscaping that will be more appropriate for the traditional homes in the neighborhood, not the kind of xeriscaping you would find outside a stucco house in Arizona. We will see what happens. There was a whole group of us walking this morning, Paul is back from his eleven day visit to his son in Colorado, and Peter joined us, as did Jack. A fun group. It was a good day for dog cookies, too, I think there were five pups getting cookies this morning, and that is always a good way to start a day. I'm working from home tomorrow, so the day will be a little easier, not that most of my days aren't easy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment