Friday, August 11, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 223/142, 2023 - Friday

Ten years ago today...it was a Sunday, and Jody and I were in Glastonbury, CT. We were being hosted by our very good friends Bruce and Melody Hyllen-Davey. We were joined by many of our good friends from Texas and Florida, and some of our friends were there with us in spirit. It was the day before our wedding, and we were all having a blast. I have been through the photos on my phone, and I don't have a single photo of all of us together as a group. I am inviting you to add a photo or two to this entry, just so we can all remember the fun we were having. There had been a decision (federally) that same sex marriage was now legal. I can remember the exact place I was, and the circumstances surrounding it, when I heard that news. I was in a public place, and I cried like a baby. I never expected that, in my lifetime, I would have been legally able to marry the love of my life. I can also remember, very vividly, the evening (some weeks or months later, not sure) while Jody and I were watching the evening news at the farm, getting down on my knee and proposing marriage to him. We had already exchanged rings, tokens of our love for each other, years before. I never doubted his love for me, but I am not sure what he thought of actually getting married to me at that moment. I do not believe that he was ever sorry for accepting my proposal, and I certainly was not. More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment