Saturday, July 8, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 189/176, 2023 - Saturday

My love affair with peaches is over. I am sure it was more than an infatuation, it was true love. Peaches have been disappointing me for the past several years, and I am not going to put up with it anymore. On my way to show homes this morning, after the walk (it was just me and Jack), I stopped at a roadside stand that was advertising HILL COUNTRY PEACHES, and in smaller print, it said Fredericksburg Peaches. I asked the mad if they were really Fredericksburg peaches, and he assured me they were, even went so far as to tell me the particular farm at which they were picked. As if I know the names of any peach farms in Fredericksburg. I shared the peaches with my clients, and this evening, I tried one. Nothing. No flavor. No peach taste. I AM DONE. I finished my audible book this afternoon, and I enjoyed it a lot. Night Will Find You. Very good. I will start me book club selection sometime next week, Save What's Left. I'm back...I had to go get some sheets out of the dryer and fold them before they got all wrinkly. I've got one more load of laundry going, and then I think that will be it for the day. I have watered stuff in the front and back, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff around the Curious House. I have not even bothered to make a chore list for this weekend. Just playing it as it goes. Not sure yet what tomorrow might bring, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment