Friday, July 21, 2023

volume 15 - Day 202/163, 2023 Friday

You know, when you get right down to it, there are a lot of things in Mexico that are the same as they are in Texas. I'll get to that several sentences dwon from here. I got up this morning and walked a half block to the first 7-11 and got my large coffee. When I got home, I think I had a banana, got showered, and went to meet my friend Steve for breakfast. We had a nice breakfast, and got caught up on some stuff, and then I had to take off. The cable people were scheduled to be at the condo between 10AM and 6PM. I decided that there was a possibility that if the cable people were coming, I might need some power strips, so I found out the best place to get them. When Mike and I were here in early June, we had a great taxi driver that was really helpful in navigating the local Walmart, and letting us know what the scoop was with stuff. I bought two tvs that trip, and the driver (Candy Crush) was great. So I WhatsApp'd him this morning, and he took me to the Los Americanos Mall on the other side of the freeway. VERY NICE mall, totally cool, and we were in and out in 20 minutes. I got power strips, a clock radio and a set of headphones so I can use my newly acquired Netflix skill on the flight home on Monday. After a while, I decided to go back to the grocery for some dinner, and saw the police friends Mike and I made when we were here. We bought them ice cream last time, and I bought them ice cream again this afternoon. I forgot to carry my grocery bag, so I called off the grocery, and got a sandwich at Subway. After that, I called Mike, and we talked for a while, then I watched more Netflix. I'm on season 2 episode 3 (or four). And the cable people never showed up. That is the part that is the same as in the states. UGH!

No comments:

Post a Comment