Friday, January 12, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 12/354, 2024 - Friday

I don't know how fast the wind was blowing this morning, but it was blowing hard. We were nearly knocked over a couple times, but we persevered. It was in the 50s this morning when I got up, in the 40s when I left for our walk, and in the 30s when I got home from the walk. Odd. I took my time going in to the office this morning, and there was a question in my mind about taking a little white car or a big red car. I decided on the little white car, because I wanted to get gas in it just in case the world, as we know it, comes to an end next week. We (at the office) are all in freeze warning mode, and we are not going in to the office on Monday. We are not expecting icy roads, but it will be really cold, and we can all work from home with no problems. I, on the other hand, am really good at eating from home, and watching movies from home. On my way home, I made a couple stops; HEB to get gas, a cherry pie (whole pie, there were no half pies of anything but pumpkin), and a case of bottled water. Then it was off to Home Depot, where I bought some light bulbs (to add to my collection) and two of those tools you use to turn water off at the street. One for me and one for Carrie. As long as I have the tool, I will never have to use it. That is my theory. If I don't have the tool, I will need to go cut the water off somewhere, and use a pair of pliers (not really that easy with pliers). SO, that is my insurance theory. The little Mini-Me depicted in the photo accompanying this entry, arrived in the mail today. I think it honestly captures the alert attention I pay when having my morning coffee and reading the paper. I am one of the few people that still has a subscription to the newspaper. Not sure who sent it, but I have a list of the usual suspects. Somebody will spill the beans, and that will take care of that mystery!

No comments:

Post a Comment