Wednesday, January 31, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 31/335, 2024 - Wednesday

It's here, and it got here a lot quicker than I expected it. The last day of January, 2024. Hmmm. It was another beautiful day, I think it was about 77 degrees, lovely. We had a nice walk this morning, and I had a leisurely time getting ready to drive in to Austin. There was a BIG wreck on IH-35, and it took a while to get past it, but when I did, it was smooth sailing. While in the office, we all did end of the month stuff, and I left for home about 2 o'clock. I had no chores on the way home, and when I got to the Curious House, I trimmed back four of five plants in the front beds that suffered from the freezing weather of a couple weeks ago. I hope I knew what I was doing, I am pretty sure it looked like I knew what I was doing. Tomorrow is trash and recycle collection day, so I wanted that done so I could be rid of it. Maybe next week I will trim back the frost killed morning glories that had grown up the arbor in the back yard. I bought more seeds the other day, so I will plant those in a month or so. I will get my walk in tomorrow, take the cans to the street, and then head in to Austin. I have a 9:30 appointment to give blood, then a 1:30 and a 2:30 appointment. I made appointments today for the girls to get their vaccinations later in March, so they will be ready for international travel. I need to find out if American Airlines requires the girls to also have Health Certificates...those are only good for ten days. This little Amaryllis bud accidentally fell off the stalk several days ago, and I put it in a shot glass of water, sat it on the window sill, and it opened up nicely. It was quite a tight little bud, so I am glad it opened up and got to complete its' cycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment