Monday, January 22, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 22/344, 2024 - Monday

Since my last post, about 24 hours ago, the gauge at the Curious House has registered 3.33" of rain. We really need the rain. I did not even know it was raining during the night, it was really quiet and sneaky. There was no walk today, and on my way to the office, there was no shortage of car/truck/stupid wrecks for me to document. I quit counting after a while, but there were at least five. I can't remember if there were any on the way home. I had an early appointment in Austin, and it was a very disappointing appointment, and that is being generous. A total waste of going in to Austin early. When I got to the office, I had some stuff to do, to prepare for our telephone rep to come in a see what the heck is the deal with our system. Preparing meant taking files out of a couple lateral file cabinets so we could access the phone jacks behind them. It was not really as much trouble as I am making it sound, but that is because I had a plan, so there. Everything got put back together and that chore was done and the phones were all working again by 2:30, at which time, I left for home. No rain on the way home, but we are expecting more for the next two days, at least. I hope some of this rainfall makes its way into the lakes, we are still about 50 feet below the normal lake levels, and we are all still in seroius drought conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment