Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Volume 16 - Day 23/343, 2024 - Tuesday

We were all cowards this morning, afraid of (the chance of) a little rain. We did not walk, and it did not rain during the time we would have been walking. Not sure if we will walk tomorrow, it is uncertain exactly when it will be raining. There is an 80% chance of rain right now. Starting on Saturday, we are looking forward to at least a week of no rain. Don't get me wrong, we need and are happy for the rain, but I would like it to rain and get it over with, not drag it out over a week. The rain did not stop the ROMEOs from having their weekly breakfast, and that was good. After breakfast, I retreated to the office, got some work done, and left for home at about 2:30. It was reported this afternoon that someone had broken in to our office cluster box, but apparently the postal carrier just forgot to close the doors. No complaints from me, sh*t happens, and even thought there was a rate increase on Monday, I think postage is still a bargain. Once I got home, Linda called and we left for ice cream at 4:30. Life is short, have dessert first. We always have a good time when we go for ice cream, and tonight was no exception. Plus, I have now re-downloaded the Words with Friends app, and that will make my daily time spent online to about 13 hours a day. What can I say? I have an early class tomorrow, and a committee meeting after that. I expect I will get in to the office about 1:30 in the afternoon, and that will give me plenty of time to get some stuff done. The overnight fog is really kind of interesting, and pretty to look at everything shrouded in mist. Go look!

No comments:

Post a Comment