Wednesday, August 1, 2018

2018 - Day 213/152 - Wednesday...1556...

Moth or Butterfly? How can you tell the difference between a butterfly and a moth. According to the googles, which referred me to the Everyday Mysteries site: One of the easiest ways to tell the difference between a butterfly and a moth is to look at the antennae. A butterfly's antennae are club-shaped with a long shaft and a bulb at the end. A moth's antennae are feathery or saw-edged.

So there you have it, straight from the googles. This particular specimen (IMHO) is a butterfly. I have the advantage of having taken the photo, so I can enlarge the visual to see the details of the antennae. I see nothing feathery, and I see what could be considered a bulb on the end of the antennae. So, I an going with 'It's a butterfly for $2,000 Alex'. Jody and I saw this guy on the ground (actually on the sidewalk) outside the optician's office in Austin this afternoon. I moved it to the greenery, so hopefully he had a better change of survival. We will never know.

Deeds, Actions, Changes, BUTTERFLY, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment