Saturday, August 19, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 231/134, 2023 - Saturday

I did not mention yesterday that, I was taking a phone call outside the office yesterday (I get kind of loud sometimes), and I was sitting on the curb. I talked with the prospective client about 30 minutes, and when the phone call ended, I could hardly get up. I have no idea what I did, but my back was killing me all day long. After a good nights sleep, it was better, but not great. I did not walk this morning, neither did anyone else, but my back has been improving steadily, and I expect I will be able to get up out of a chair like an ordinary person by Monday. Notice I did not say anything about striving to be a normal person... Just sayin'. I did make it to three estate sales today...after I hit the Georgetown Donut shop. Earlier in the week, I read about the Florence Marketplace, so I took a quick drive there to check it out. I say this chimney on the way there, and thought it would make a good photo to accompany this journal entry. I am fascinated that a home or cabin can burn or otherwise vanish, and the chimney will be all that remains. This is at least the second photo of a chimney I have posted in this journal in the last many years. I think it make for an interesting photo. Once I got home, I cleaned the other two humming bird feeders, and then went down for a nap. Or two. I gnoshed on some this and that (no donuts yet), and now I am thinking about the possibilities of watering the stuff in the back yard. The chances of rain in the coming week are trending downward, and that sucks. We can't even get a decent tropical depression in the Gulf this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment