Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 234/131, 2023 - Tuesday

We did not hit 100 degrees today, so that streak has ended. The 100+ temperatures have not ended however, and the next seven days shows the forecast to be over 100 degrees each day. Those lucky bastards in south Austin actually got a little bit of rain today, I don't think it was a LOT, but anything is happily embraced. Not a drop here at the Curious House. This morning, there was a hot walk, then a good ROMEO breakfast. It was just me and Jack on both the walk and for breakfast. No issue. I got in to the office about 10:30 and had a pretty darned productive day. A couple errands on the way home, and I am pretty much settled in for the night. Although we had no rain here, we have had some pretty nice winds...knocked over a few plants on the back patio, messed up chair cushions in the front and in the back. Watering is still going on day and night, and I just hope we will be finished with the water restrictions at least by October. Maybe not. I will be in San Antonio for four or five days in September, and I need to figure out how I am going to keep things alive during that absence. While I was in Chicago, only two days, it really took a toll on the plants in the beds. Crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment