Saturday, July 18, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 199/166, 2026 - Saturday

The rains have stopped and we are back in summertime. Lake Travis is full, and it is the first time Lake Travis has been full since 2019. Nothing beats a drought like a flood, and it has been a mess for the people that have really been affected. Lots of property damage, a couple lives lost, and some of the rivers, particularly the Llano, are still rising. There were two estate sales today, and it was just me and Paulina, Paulina drove because the Buzz is still in the shop. I spent a total of (about) $32, and everything was half-price. Since the man that has been cutting our grass fired us last week, we have a new man starting tomorrow. It is more, but hopefully the new man will be paying better attention to details, and we will not have to continually point out things that the crew did not seem to care about. Maybe. I think the man is a Texas Tech student or graduate, because his company has the work 'Raider' in it, which is kind of a dead give-away. I think there is going to be a trip to the storage place tomorrow, for me to take some stuff there, and for VPO to get some stuff and bring it to the house. I am getting in to the habit of cleaning and filling the hummingbird feeders two at a time. The hummers are much more in evidence this year than I have seen them in the past, and I truly enjoy watching them. They are VERY busy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment