Sunday, July 26, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 207/158, 2026 - Sunday

My two most recent encounters with oranges have been totally unacceptable. First, I was almost incapable of peeling the orange, and then the orange was not good. So not good, that I could not eat it. The last time I was at HEB, I bought three, large naval oranges. Those are the kind of oranges I always buy. When peeling the first one, I thought it was just my arthritic hands that could no longer peel the oranges without considerable discomfort. Okay. But then, the fact that the orange was not palatable was a second troubling concern. Tonight I tried another one of the three that I bought. Again, very difficult to peel. Take the giant knife to the orange, and there was little orange, but a lot of skin, and again, it was not very tasty. I am very sad. Otherwise, it was not a bad Sunday. Of course there was a walk, then I went over and visited with Kenny and Suzanne for a little while, and then Val and I went to a couple estate sales. Today was the third day for both the sales, I ended up buying one thing (60% off), and Val bought nothing. A little while later, I took off for the airport to pick up our neighbor James, who had been visiting his parents, and I think he is happy to be home. I am not sure, but I am hoping the Buzz will be ready to pick up tomorrow, maybe not, the body shop is certainly not in any hurry to get it finished. This bun-rabbit hangs out in the back yard, helping to keep the grass properly manicured. Happy to see him now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment