Friday, July 24, 2026

Volume 18 - Day 205/160, 2026 - Friday

Today turned out to be a busy day. After walking this morning, I filled the bird feeders with seed, watched hummers play, and got a few things done around the Curious House. I had a nice phone call with potential clients, and we are making plans to meet next week. Since the Buzz is still in the shop, Oliver drove me, Paulina and Marian to the blood bank; the three of us (the usuals) donated platelets, and Oliver donated whole blood. The more people that donate platelets of whole blood, the better I like it. I am coordinating a blood drive in the subdivision tomorrow, and so far we have 17 people signed up to donate, and the four of us today count for tomorrow, so we are at 21 donors. Not sure if I can get nine more volunteers for tomorrow, may yes, maybe no, but my goal is 30 donors, the blood bank goal is 20, so we have already surpassed that. I will be totally stressing until tomorrow afternoon at 1 o'clock, just to see how many donors I can get. We stopped at Sandy's for milk shakes on the way home, and we did not get back home until around 6 o'clock. I think we (the four of us) are all tired, but now there is nothing to do but chill out for a while. I forgot to mention that we stopped at Upper Crust on the way to the blood bank, and I got two slices of cranberry nut bread. I think I am the only one that bought anything. Too bad for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment