I have found recently that, when trying to peel oranges, I can hardly do it. I assume that is one of the consequences of old age, generally I have no issues with things (opening bottles and tying my shoes), but peeling an orange has become a challenge. To add insult to injury, the orange was not even good. That was another first for me. My walk with Paul this morning was my activity for the day. The rest of the day was spent doing little of anything, but I do have a couple things on the calendar for the rest of the week. Tomorrow will be the ROMEO breakfast and a zoom meeting tomorrow afternoon. I am working to make our neighborhood blood drive a success on Saturday, so I am trying to make sure all the neighbors know about that. So far, we only have six sign-ups, but folks generally wait til the last couple days before signing up. The goal for the drive is either 20 or 30; 20 if you are with the blood bank, 30 if you are me. This will be the fourth drive for the neighborhood, and we have always made the goals. I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday, the first official appointment with my new GP. I expect nothing extraordinary will come of it, but I have lots of questions for him, and lots of things to clear up about protocol. Of course I do. We are expecting high temperatures to be 100 degrees or more this week, and we have been pretty lucky so far this year. There is the possibility that a storm could develop in the Gulf this week (Bertha), and if so, I hope it will bring us some more rain. No damage, just rain. Fingers crossed.Monday, July 20, 2026
Volume 18 - Day 201/164, 2026 - Monday
I have found recently that, when trying to peel oranges, I can hardly do it. I assume that is one of the consequences of old age, generally I have no issues with things (opening bottles and tying my shoes), but peeling an orange has become a challenge. To add insult to injury, the orange was not even good. That was another first for me. My walk with Paul this morning was my activity for the day. The rest of the day was spent doing little of anything, but I do have a couple things on the calendar for the rest of the week. Tomorrow will be the ROMEO breakfast and a zoom meeting tomorrow afternoon. I am working to make our neighborhood blood drive a success on Saturday, so I am trying to make sure all the neighbors know about that. So far, we only have six sign-ups, but folks generally wait til the last couple days before signing up. The goal for the drive is either 20 or 30; 20 if you are with the blood bank, 30 if you are me. This will be the fourth drive for the neighborhood, and we have always made the goals. I have a doctors appointment on Wednesday, the first official appointment with my new GP. I expect nothing extraordinary will come of it, but I have lots of questions for him, and lots of things to clear up about protocol. Of course I do. We are expecting high temperatures to be 100 degrees or more this week, and we have been pretty lucky so far this year. There is the possibility that a storm could develop in the Gulf this week (Bertha), and if so, I hope it will bring us some more rain. No damage, just rain. Fingers crossed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment