Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 185/180, 2023 - Tuesday, The Fourth of July

I've had a nice, quiet Fourth of July, just the way I wanted it. Of course, it started off with a walk, then the ROMEO breakfast. Peter, Paul and I walked, Paul, Ronnie and I had a nice breakfast. After breakfast, I went to the Goodwill store, looking for a new walking t-shirt. I decided the neon green one I alternate (with a neon orange one) had given its' best, and it was tire for it to be retired. There were no t-shirts at the Goodwill that appealed to me. But, the neon green one has officially been retired. Then I was off to the office, where I had a nice bit of quiet time, posting rents and depositing checks. I had a nice, leisurely drive home, and got gas in the little white car. There were a few drops of rain, which will officially count as a 'trace' on my report tomorrow. After a nap, I am proud to report that I have done my accounting for the first 185 days of 2023, and I am caught up with my accounting for 2023 tax purposes. I hope I can keep up with it for the rest of the year. I expect you are all wondering about the photo accompanying this journal entry. Let me explain. When we got to breakfast this morning, the table was not at all level, and there was very little we (okay, it was me) could think of to keep it from wobbling. I finally determined that one of the coffee creamers, the little plastic, single serving things, would fit perfectly to stabilize the table. It worked perfectly until it didn't, and with a great flare, the table settled onto it and spewed cream about 15 feet across the room, virtually accosting a lady sitting at a table with her two children. To say she was surprised by the dairy emission would be the understatement of the year, but all ended well. No names were exchanged, and no lawsuits are pending. Just another day in the life...

No comments:

Post a Comment