Friday, July 14, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 195/170, 2023 - Friday

I have begrudgingly turned the lawn sprinklers off. This afternoon, it was announced that we are now in a 'Stage 3' watering restriction. No outdoor watering. This is only effective for the next three days, which means my yard will not have any water for at least two weeks. UGH. I understand that we are in a drought, but it is still difficult to try and do what is needed, knowing full well that it will be ignored by many of my neighbors. Case in point: There was a grass fire on IH-35 this afternoon, and the fire department was busy dousing the flames with WATER. That is not my original sarcastic thought, but I told the person that said it that I would not give them credit for the sarcasm. It is still hot, but we are still luckier than most people in the world. They opened a new Costco in Georgetown today, and we had to (of course we did) go check it out on opening day. I don't think it was really any more congested than any other day at Costco, but the parking lot was full. Then we went in to Georgetown for dinner at Jimmie Vegas' Smokehouse, one of my favorite new bar-b-cue places in the area. Very good. I don't have a whole lot of stuff planned for the weekend, and I like that just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment