Friday, July 28, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 209/156, 2023 - Friday

Well, I have urges. I have cravings. Today, I could fight the urge for some kind of fast food. I have been pretty good this YEAR, actually. I have been trying to eat better, eat less, you know the drill. Today, I just could not stop. My real craving was a Cheese Whopper, no lettuce, no tomato, extra ketchup, cut in half. I actually wanted two, just so I could have one in reserve in the refrigerator. Then I remembered this new kind of sandwich I have seen advertised from KFC ( the Ultimate BBQ Fried Chicken Sandwich Combo). To be honest, the fast food selection close to the Curious House is not too impressive, and I really don't want to go out of my way for it. I got to the KFC and the menu was a thing they call the Fill Up Box. That is what I ended up ordering. I ate the french fries part on the way home (they were served up cold), and a couple of the chicken tenders. Honestly, it was kind of disappointing, but it did the trick. Otherwise, not a bad day today. I had some office stuff to do, some more office stuff to do, and now I am just looking forward to the weekend. There are two estate sales tomorrow, but before that, later on tonight, I need to go out and hand water the stuff in the backyard. This year, I made a conscious decision to have less potted plants in the front and the back, in order to require less hand watering. Now, we are in stage 3 water restrictions, so we cannot use the sprinkler system for watering, and EVERYTHING that can be watered has to be hand watered. Kind of ironic!

No comments:

Post a Comment