Thursday, July 20, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 201/164, 2023 - Thursday

I got my permanent residency finished today, and I am happy about that. I had an appointment at the MexLaw place, I got there at 7:45. We had an appointment at Immigration at 9 o'clock, they called me in at 11:15. Then there was a bit of a wait for the card to be printed. We left there at about 11:45. Then back to MexLaw to get the certified copy of the condo deed, then back to the condo. I am having a good time here in Playa, it is very different than in Texas, and I like it. I like walking the three or four blocks to the grocery on a daily basis. I like walking everywhere I need to go. There are no real downsides to it, so far. It is definitely hot here, but it is (currently) hotter in Texas. It is amazing how much cooler it gets in the evenings, especially on the beach. There is usually a nice breeze. I don't do too many things differently here than I do at the Curious House, but it is in Playa, and it is just different. My friend Steve is back in Playa as of this afternoon, and I am meeting him and Silvia for breakfast tomorrow. Then I have an appointment with the cable people, so that is one of those 'we will be there sometime tomorrow' things, so I am trapped. It will all be okay. I doubt that I will ever really live here full time, but my plan is to spend 9 to 12 weeks here, per year. I think that will be a good balance. The condo was in the VRBO pool eleven nights in June, and so far ten nights in July. There could still be a couple more nights rented, and this is the slow season, so I think it is doing okay. No regrets. I doubt that there was anything really confidential that could be hacked on the residency card, but just to be safe, I cropped it for this journal entry...

No comments:

Post a Comment