Sunday, July 9, 2023

Volume 15 - Day 190/175, 2023 - Sunday

Well, well, well...Caesalpinia pulcherrima is a species of flowering plant in the pea family Fabaceae, native to the tropics and subtropics of the Americas. It could be native to the West Indies,[3] but its exact origin is unknown due to widespread cultivation.[2] Common names for this species include poincianapeacock flowerred bird of paradiseMexican bird of paradisedwarf poincianapride of Barbadosflos pavonis, and flamboyant-de-jardin.[citation needed] The Hawaiian name for this plant is ʻohai aliʻi.[4] I had a couple spurts of energy today, and one of the things on my list was to do a little bit of weeding, and to take a 'volunteer' Pride of Barbados out of the giant pot of Tradescantia Zebrina (google it) on the front patio, and transplant it into one of the garden beds. Nope, it would not allow itself to be removed, so I went on to plan B. I had a couple errands to run this morning, one of which was to stop at HEB, and there, lo and behold, were one gallon pots of Pride of Barbados. Six buck a piece. I got four of them, and will put them in the ground after the sun goes down tonight. I won't bore you with the discussion of being overcharged for the plants, then thinking I had been undercharged, then figuring out I had, at last glance, been overcharged 97 cents, and by then it was worth 97 cents just to get out of the HEB. If all goes well, they will grow well for the rest of the summer, and winter over to be even better next year!




No comments:

Post a Comment