Tuesday, September 5, 2017

2017 - Day 248/117 - Tuesday...

The spider lilies are blooming nicely again here on the edge of nowhere. The cannas are doing nicely, and some of the other flora are bursting forth. I have always liked the Pride of Barbados, referred to in these parts as the New Mexico Bird of Paradise. They are beautiful plants, but they get big...so we have planted five of them this year, and four of the five are blooming. Beautiful! The other plant was assaulted on occasion by roving bands of chickens, and I finally put a chicken fence around it to give it half a chance. It is coming along, but it is being dwarfed by the plants that escaped the wrath of a herd of chickens. I have always said, you cain't have nothin' party if you have chickens, and I keep getting more and more. Storms to the left of me, storms to the right...Harvey, Irma and Jose. It is getting kind of complicated trying to keep up. AND there is (allegedly) a depression in the Gulf that has to potential of bringing us some more rain. If we can get some rain here in central Texas without raining on the folks that are up to there with rain, we will gladly take it. I know that is asking a lot, but maybe, just maybe... Tomorrow is Wednesday already, and I welcome that hump day with open arms. I really like four day work weeks, I should make that a habit. I could if I wanted to, but I am also a control freak, so there is that. It will all work out in the end. Deeds, Actions, Changes, LILIES, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment