Friday, September 22, 2017

2017 - Day 265/100 - Friday...

FRIDAY! How nice is that? Not only is it Friday, but our friends Joe Mac and Carolyn are here visiting us, so that is a great thing. I got into town this morning, first thing was a meeting, then a good class with new members, then a quick taping at the Texas Association of REALTORS®, then a hair cut. PERFECT! On my way home, it rained on me in Austin, it rained on me in Walburg, but it did not rain on the edge of nowhere. On the way home, I called the Walburg Restaurant, just to make reservations for dinner this evening. 'We don't take reservations during OKTOBERFEST, and today is the first day of OKTOBERFEST.' Oh, okay. I cannot quite grasp the concept that OKTOBERFEST starts in September. Granted, I do not speak fluent German, but I do know several curse words and inappropriate phrases in German, be even I know that if the are going to start OKTOBERFEST in September, perhaps it should have been called SEPTEMBERFEST. Just saying... Whatever... So, we left at just a little bit after 5 to head into Walburg so we could try to avoid the crowds, which we did very successfully. On the way into Walburg, the skies opened and there was a deluge of rain. If you look closely at this photo of some interesting clouds, you can see a few rain drops on the window. BUT, I am telling you, the skies opened, and it was a downpour that lasted about 20 minutes. I was totally drenched with rain, but had died out by the time we left the restaurant. AND...not a drop of rain at the edge of nowhere. NOTHING. Deeds, Actions, Changes, CLOOUDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment