Saturday, September 30, 2017

2017 - Day 273/92 - Saturday...

Most of this day was a good day. i started the day with a list of chores, and I got several of them completed. Okay, not really, but I did get a few things done. I have a deadline to get my 2016 taxes to the accountant by Monday, so I have been working on those for the last few days, and today and tomorrow I am putting the final touches on the numbers, making sure everything is balancing properly. As as reward, once I get a section finished, I am allowed to go out and do outside things. I got the garage straightened out, added another set of shelves, organized a few things, moved the peg-board to another wall, and just in general got the garage looking like I could put my fingers on things out there if I REALLY needed to. Not sure, but maybe. Then it was nap time, then Jody and I went into Georgetown for lunch. Lunch was the unsatisfactory part. For about the last five years or so, every Saturday (almost), we go into Georgetown and order the same meal at Chic-Fil-A. Number Nine Combo, which the main entree is a chicken salad sandwich. Jody and I split the sandwich, the fries, and we each get a milk shake. We have been aware that Chic-Fil-A was discontinuing the chicken salad sandwich, but the reality of the whole thing was pretty much more than we could stand. Jody ordered a chicken wrap thing and I ordered the chicken tenders. We each got fries and the shakes. But it was just not right. I felt like Sheldon on the Big Bang Theory with somebody sitting in my place. It was just not right. We are going to try and work through it this week, and we think the solution will be to share the chicken wrap thing, and see how that works. We expect some tweaking will need to take place. When we got home from Georgetown, I cut some grass, Jody and I sat out in the yard with the girl dogs, and then I worked on the taxes some more. I almost forgot to mention, the yucca up by the driveway decided to bloom, and you can see some of the coral yucca next to it blooming. A little late, but nevertheless... Deeds, Actions, Changes, CHIC-FIL-A, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment