Friday, September 29, 2017

2017 - Day 272/93 - Friday...

I am not sure of the purpose of Words with Friends. I very rarely win. I explain to those that ask me to play, that my sole purpose is to make them feel better about themselves. It is much the same as when I was doing long-distance bike rides. My purpose was to be one of the first from the start of the ride, so more people would have the opportunity to pass me, and thereby have a more positive feeling about themselves. I was not a poor bicyclist, I was pretty average, and usually ended the rides respectably as a middle-finisher. Not so much when I play Words with Friends. Bottom of the barrel almost every time. I would estimate that, considering the last 25 games I have played, I have won ONE game. This particular photo captures one of my better efforts. But it was a losing effort on my part. If you want to increase your self-esteem, just challenge me to a game. Fair warning: I am not adding more humiliation to me repertoire. One friend and I have been playing constantly for about six years. Continuously. Over the years, players have come and gone, and at this time, I am involved with four other players. That is plenty. I do not need any more validation that I suck at this game. I am comforted by the fact, however, that I am the only one that is not cheating. So there. Deeds, Actions, Changes, WORDS, Kindnesses, Whirled Peas, FUN!

No comments:

Post a Comment